As the operators of the Tenerife.buzz website, sole trader T/A Tenerife.buzz office address Offices UK: 8 Kitchener Cottages, High Street, Lower Stoke, Kent ME3 9RQ. | Tenerfie: Las mimosas, No 83, Calle baleares, 38660. (“We“, “Us“, “Tenerife.buzz”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy“) relates to services provided through our website and application (“Services”) and sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), from the GDPR implementation date or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”):
- in respect of the personal data of users of the Website and the Services and business contacts and prospects of Tenerife.buzz, the Data Controller is Tenerife.buzz;
Information we collect from you
This site uses functional cookies and external scripts to improve your experience. Which cookies and scripts are used and how they impact your visit is specified on the left. You may change your settings at any time. Your choices will not impact your visit.
NOTE: These settings will only apply to the browser and device you are currently using.
Collecting user data of the website via Google Analytics to track behaviour of visitors to provide a better experience for the users.
Some posts contain affiliate links provided by third parties that we feel our users may benefit our users, they will be notified when a link is supplied from a third party, it is not a requirement to click and/or purchase any third party products and/or services.
Comment author (user of this website) must first provide name and email to verify you are a real person, the option to opt-out of being contacted is available, we will not share any information directly with any third party, although you may be contacted with relevant offers, promotions and updates by Tenerife.buzz and the companies that advertise with them, all will be sent directly from Tenerife.buzz.
Users of the Tenerife.buzz website, app or Business Dashboard may contact Tenerife.buzz using the contact form. Users can opt-out of either providing contact information and/or have to supply consent for us to contact them back regarding the message sent to us. We will not share any information directly with any third party.
The Business Dashboard is a separate site that allows businesses to add and update all information about them, the businesses are in full control of their listings and we accept no liability for content listed by business, but if complaints are raised the listing will be removed and the company contacted. We will not share any information directly with any third party, although you may be contacted with relevant offers, promotions and updates by Tenerife.buzz and the companies that advertise with them, all will be sent directly from Tenerife.buzz.
Information we collect from other sources
From time to time we also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- names and contact details of individual contacts at prospective Customers from third party data providers and/or public sources, such as social networks, company websites and other online sources.
- Business contact information is gathered in person, but uploaded directly to the app by the business itself.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you or our Customer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between our Customer (on whose behalf you are using the Services) and Us.
- To notify you about changes to our Services and provide you with information that is relevant to your use of the Services.
- Where you or your employer are a prospective Customer, to provide you with information about our Services for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our team, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable). Where any such member of our group is outside the EU this transfer will be on the basis of a contract including the Model Contractual Clauses in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
We will not disclose your information to third parties, all contact with the user public or business) will come direct from Tenerife.buzz.
How we store your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way, for the duration of your use of our Services. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the App
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold all the data for so long as we have an obligation to the Customer to provide the Services, and thereafter until such time as we delete the Customer’s account in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by the Customer); or
- receipt of a written request by you (or another person engaged by the Customer) to us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using our Contact details below
- let Us have enough information to identify you,
- let Us have proof of your identity and address. Where you are a user of our Services you should email us from the email address that you used to register with Workable. Receipt of an email from this address will usually be sufficient to confirm your identity. In all other cases we may request one or more identification documents, such as a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill; and
- let Us know the information to which your request relates.
Third Party Websites
How to complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
IP Addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, customer support and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. Some of the common uses for our cookies are as follows:
- to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- to identify and authenticate a user across different pages of our Website, within our own Website, in a session or across different sessions. This is so that the user does not need to provide a password on every page the user visits; and
- to be able to retrieve a user’s previously stored data, for example, information that the user previously submitted to the Website, so as to facilitate reuse of this information by the user.